Position/title : Project Manager MSP-MHPSS
Job location : Juba, with frequent visit to Bor and Malakal Counties.
Number of vacancy /positions : 1 (One)
Employment duration : January 2022 to September 2022
Closing date for application : 21st December 2021
Report to : Senior Public Health Adviser
Supervise : Project Coordinators, consultant/s
Work with : Senior Finance and Administration Manager, Program Manager, Communication Officer, and Procurement and Logistic team.
Declaration : This is a national position. Only qualified South Sudanese nationals are encouraged to apply.
HealthNet TPO is an international charity and we do not ask for payment/fees from applicants during a recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviews, job offer, signing of contract) or any kind of recruitment related trainings or facilitation fees.
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO, with global office in Netherlands, is a knowledge-driven, non-profit international organization that works in areas disrupted by conflict, disasters, and poverty. Working together with local populations, it prioritizes rehabilitation and development of health care services, and involves local communities in strengthening the health systems. We aim to contribute to improve the overall health situation and support the strengthening the health systems for the provision of quality and sustainable health care for all populations.
HealthNet TPO in South Sudan:
HealthNet TPO registered in South Sudan as an international NGO and has its country office in Juba and field offices in Terekeka, Raja, Aweil Counties. HealthNet TPO in coordination with the Ministry of Health, and in collaboration with several international and national NGOs provides live saving health care services, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services through community-based volunteers (psychosocial focal points) in communities and through trained health professionals in several health facilities.
About the project:
HealthNet TPO in South Sudan is inviting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Project Manager to manage a project (Minimum Support Package for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services – MSP MHPSS) supported by the World Health Organization (WHO). The project activities will be implemented in Jonglei and Upper Nile, primarily targeting Bor and Malakal Hospitals and other PHCC/PHCU in Bor and Malakal, and selected local communities with an aim to integrate MHPSS in Humanitarian response. The project envisages to achieve capacity building of selected health professionals in delivery of MHPSS in hospitals and local health care settings, strengthen existing referral systems by incorporating MHPSS vase referral into it, train community-based volunteers (psychosocial focal points / case workers) to improve psychosocial wellbeing of affected population, improve data collection systems and tools to capture MHPSS indicators for analysis, and ensure that these information are available to various stakeholders for improved programming and decision-making.
Key roles and responsibilities:
The Project Manager MSP MHPSS is required to perform the following roles and responsibilities
- Develop detailed project logistical needs, initiate procurement process and ensure that supplies and logistics are available at all times in order to facilitate implementation of project activities without any difficulty
- Implement project activities within the given timeframe and allocated resources
- Conduct regular visit to project locations to support project baseline survey, stakeholder/partner coordination, activity implementation, supervision, and reporting.
- Participate in national and state meetings with the donors and Ministry of Health representatives, including health cluster and working groups meetings, project planning and review meetings to present the project progresses, challenges, opportunities.
- Support local NGO partners in implementation of activities, and ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Manage entire communications tasks related to this assigned project
- Visit project locations as frequently as required, and work with local NGO/CSO partners and consultants in order to fulfil the project requirement and outcomes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly workplans, activity budget, and track progresses quality and timely project reports to donors and other stakeholders.
- Keeping in mind the existing security concerns and local conflict, provide timely information and support to field staff and country office to ensure staff safety and wellness.
- Establish a conducive working environment which is inclusive for all staff under his/her supervision, continuously managing conflicts and manage team performance
- At least five years of program management experience in international non-government organizations in the field of public health, mental health psychosocial services, health systems strengthening, etc. in South Sudan.
- Good experience and knowledge of stakeholder coordination primarily with United Nations, Ministry of Health, State Ministry of Health, Hospital administrations, etc.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills including good understanding of data collection, analysis, presentation at local and national level platforms.
- Experience in managing project learnings activities systematically and methodologically as per the agreed project learning outcomes.
- Hands on experience in scheduling project activities, conduct the project activities as per the time and available budget and other resources.
Good financial management knowledge including preparation of budget for the activity, expenditure tracking, etc. Educational / Academic qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the health or management streams including Medicine, Public Health, Project Management, Social Work, or other qualification closely related to the job.
- Preference will be given to candidates with master’s degree in any of the above-mentioned streams.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software applications skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Power-point, Excel), database management software, etc.
Language: English language proficiency is required. Good knowledge of Arabic language is an asset.
How to apply:
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV (MS Word of PDF document) and submit by email to [email protected]. The subject line in your application should mention: PM MSP MHPSS. The closing date for receiving application is 21st December 2021. Kindly note that application letters already submitted will not be returned to the applicants.
Applicants can submit their application (up-to-date CV and cover letter) in a sealed envelop at HealthNet TPO South Sudan, 1st Floor, SADECO CENTER Building, Airport Road, UNMISS Junction, Hai Matar, Juba. The closing date for receiving application is 21st December 2021, 5 PM
Please, note that HealthNet TPO is an equal opportunities employer with no segregation to sex, race and/or religion. Qualified Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To know more about HealthNet TPO, please visit www.healthnettpo.org/en 9
Download Full Job Description:
Reference: South Sudan NGO Forum (https://comms.southsudanngoforum.org/)