Logistician 1 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards and local legislation.
- Supply-chain management and planning (manages and follows up on requests, provides customer service and carries out related reporting).
- Participation in purchase planning (purchase orders, request orders, supplier files, etc.)…
- Purchases all petty cash procurements. Ensures that best price for quality is obtained.
- Ensures that all Rules and Regulations of the ICRC standard procedure for purchasing are applied in strict conformity.
- Records requests of vehicles and makes sure that they are ready in time.
- Makes sure that the attribution of vehicles is respected and co-ordinated with respective staff in case of changes.
- Ensures that passengers and cargo on board have all the necessary authorizations and documents available.
- Follows fuel consumption and logbook for vehicles and generators. Sends monthly fuel reports to BEN Logistics.
- Follow maintenance needs and coordinates with fleet Juba for spare parts, maintenance and regular service.
- Supervises daily workers for packing, moving and off/loading, if any.
- Ensures that the ground staff and drivers are briefed and trained in airport procedures as well as procedures related to the loading and off-loading of aircraft.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English
- Good computer skills.
- Driving license C and D an asset.
Professional experience required
- 1 – 3 years’ professional experience, preferably in commercial or humanitarian logistics.
- Very good knowledge of the local area and integration into a professional network.
- ICRC Field experience an asset
Applicants are requested to create an account online in the e-recruitment system via https://www.southsudanjob.com 493 before applying
All applications must be submitted online through E-Recruitment System until Thursday , 9th June 2022 to the attention of the HR Manager .
A one-page Cover Letter and CV of no more than 2 pages, in English should be provided to support your application.
ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants especially women and persons with disabilities.
> > ICRC does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will be subject to rigorous reference and background checks.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.