The Deputy Director HR is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the HR function for more than 900 staff and over 1,400 incentive workers across the Country Program. The Deputy Director HR will lead the HR team to ensure high quality and efficient staff recruitment, contracts management, orientation, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, code of conduct compliance, employee engagement and staff care. The position acts as an HR advisor to the Country Director, Senior Management Team and other senior positions. The Deputy Director HR reports to the South Country Director and is a member of the Senior Management Team.
The Deputy Director HR will adapt and implement Global HR initiatives and practices to maximize staffing resources and performance, promote a positive organizational culture, minimize risk and ensure economy and efficiency of work processes.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's university degree in HR management, International Relations or Development, MBA, Law or related field is preferred.
- Work Experience:
- 10 years of progressive experience as an HR generalist, including recruitment, performance management, employee relations, compensation, training and development and HR Administration.
- Minimum 5 years strategic leadership experience managing own HR function for large budget programs and/ in a fast-paced environment in the INGO sector is strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience with an international organization or international experience.
- Remote management experience a plus.
- Strategic experience with managing staff, workforce planning, and development of HR processes during a start-up phase is a plus.